Here is the simplified version. Once you’ve done the long version below a few times, you can just refer to this. It’s important that you do every one of these steps:
- Log in at maximumrocknroll.com/wp-admin
- Open “a-Weekly Radio Show Post” template
- Add show title (show # and date)
- Change permalink (under the show title) to “mrr-radio-14XX” (note new permalink naming format)
- Add description and playlist (do this in the “Text” tab, not “Visual”)
- Add a photo to your post (instructions HERE)
- Next to “Publicize” click “Edit”, check “Facebook” box and add Facebook/Twitter message (115 characters max)
- Under “Publish immediately” set Sunday’s date and 07:00 for the time
- Click Preview & check the post
- Go back to Dashboard and click Save Draft
- Re-post your show to the MRR Radio site using the instructions HERE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTING THE RADIO SHOW:
Log in at maximumrocknroll.com/wp-admin
You start out on the Dashboard. Under Post Templates, select “a-Weekly Radio Show Post” and click New post from template.
See screen shot below
Add post/show title: Fill in the show number and date (remember, our date format is like this 2/5/14, not 02/05/18).
Add permalink: Click Edit and change the name to “mrr-radio-14XX” with the current show number, then click OK.
See screen shot below for corresponding numbers
1. Click the Text tab if you’re not already there.
2. Select the text between the tags (as shown here) and type or paste your show description here.
3. This is self-explanatory (below). Do not edit any of the other type in the template, especially where it says “power press” in brackets.
Be sure not to delete the text below the Outro Song when you’re entering your playlist.
Once your playlist is done, go through and select all of the set titles and click the “b” on the upper left (this adds the “strong” tag, making it bold!).
ADD A PHOTO to your post using the instructions HERE
POST THE SHOW TO MRR’S FACEBOOK AND TWITTER
Above the “Publish” button (or Schedule/Update button if you’ve already changed the posting date), where it says “Publicize:” click “Edit” (do not click “Settings”!)
See screen shot below for following steps
Check the box next to “Facebook: Maximum Rocknroll”
Under “Custom Message:” select and replace all of the text that already there:
Type in what you want the Facebook and Twitter post to say. Using the character the counter right above it, please try to make your message less than 115 characters, and make sure it says “on this week’s MRR Radio” or something like that in the text:
Click Preview near the upper-right and your show will appear in a new window (or tab, depending on the browser). Click on the play button (arrow) to make sure your show plays. Have a look at your playlist and check for errors. If you find any, you can close the window (or tab), fix the text, and click Preview again.
Verify that you’re linked to the right show. If you can’t already tell by listening to the show—or you just want a faster way of checking—mouse over the Download link (don’t click it) and check that the show number in the status bar is correct.
Double-check your post at maximumrocknroll.com. If you need to fix anything, click where it says Edit near the top of the post.
Re-post your show to the MRR Radio site using the instructions HERE.
IF YOU EVER HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, TROUBLE POSTING THE SHOW, OR HAVE ANY INPUT ON HOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE EASIER TO USE FOR ALL THE DJ’S EMAIL PAUL AT firstname.lastname@example.org